Saturday, March 29, 2014

CREATE A PASSWORD BOOK




I thought it would be a great idea to create a book for my passwords, since I always forget them.




I started with a small notebook.




I used these supplies from Imagine Crafts.

To begin my book, I picked the oval wood shape, sponged with Brilliance Lavender, blended with Mediterranean Blue then highlighted using Starlight silver.






I then stamped on top with a stamp from Stampin’ Up and used Galaxy Gold to really make it pop.




Then I cut a piece of Vertigo and ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Next I sponged some Galaxy Gold on it for color. Then, die cut a frame using a spellbinder die in black to add another pop.





Now, on to transforming the book! To Start, I cut a white piece of paper the size of the book and sponged it the same way I did the wooden piece so they match.




I then used Galaxy Gold to stamp the word stamp from Memory Box and  a cute random motif stamp.




It seemed a little flat to me so I next ran the paper through the embossing folder too. I love the depth that it gave it.  I then added a little more Mediterranean Blue to the raised areas.

Next I sprayed it with Goosebumps for a beautiful shine.




Next, I glued the cover on the book, added the vertigo and the wood shapes with double sided tape. I then added some funky yarn fibers and a little charm and tied it around the mixed media journal.






5 comments:

  1. I love your new blog! and I love your password book! great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so glad you are finally up and running! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one of these and this is the perfect excuse to make one! I love it!

    ReplyDelete