Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Imagine Crafts and Clear Scraps Blog Hop



IC_CS_Badge IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature projects created by our Artists In Residence this week using products from ClearScraps. We hope you enjoy the creativity our team shares with you this week!  


 I I

I really had such a fun time creating this Clear Scraps Album !! 
But I'm  just going to explain a few techniques because I got a little carried away with this project.
To get started, get out your StaZon inks, pick some theme photos, and add a great paper collection. I choose beach pictures and AUTHENTIQUE 's Anchored Collection - lov this line. Also rubberstamps , diecuts, ribbon and anything else that matches your theme.

For the cover, start on the back side, I used a stencil with Stazon Blue Hawaii , inked the back of the acrylic cover, wait till it drys than covered it with pattern paper. For the front I glued a cute quote card, added Creative Medium vintage with a palette knife and stuck mini rocks and shells into it. I love the look of the gold - it looks like sand.




I used a white silk ribbon and dyed with TSUKINEKO All Purpose Ink , just put some in a plastic bag with your ribbon and knead to color the ribbon. Than I sprayed with fire works for a little shine.




Next just have fun decorating .
Page 1

Page 2


Page 3

For this photo , I loved the way the surf was around dancing around her feet. So I followed it with some glue and sprinkled shave ice into it. On the sand I swirled Creative Medium with the tip of a palette knife. What a cool effect ! It might be a little hard to see in the picture but kind of looks crackled.



There is a middle acrylic page between these two pages, which I sponged the bottom with Stazon 
Midnight blue . I punched out a wave border and used it as a stencil across the top. I added a flower ribbon sprayed with Fireworks for interest .
Page 4

Page 5


Page 6


Last two pages 

Page 7

I stenciled the last acrylic page and added a journaling card. 

Page 8

Front cover


Supply List:

Imagine Crafts/ TSUKINEKO 

Stazon 
Midnight Blue, Blue Hawaii, Orange Zest, Emerald Green, St. Valentine, Ganache, Metallic Silver
GooseBumps 
Creative Medium
Fireworks - Paris Dusk and Summer Sky
All Purpose Ink- Lemon Yellow and Tropical Lagoon

ClearScraps
Mixed Album Acrylic and Chipboard - Cutie

AUTHENTIQUE 
Anchored Collection

May Arts
Ribbon

Assorted 
Rubber Stamps 
Border punch
Diecuts

I hope you enjoyed my project today , as always I really appreciate your comments and support !!

                          Thank you for stopping by
                                Nancy


Here are the other projects for today:

Isha Gupta

Nancy Hawes ( your here )

Penny Ward

If you've missed the other projects this week please visit the IMAGINE Crafts Blog.

7 comments:

  1. I loved what you did with the water line on the beach photo; very very clever. Love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing! I love the shells and beach rocks on the front cover and the inside pages are to die for!! What a beautiful creation! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album, nancy - love all things beachy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy,
    Awesome job...and you didn't carried away, just being extra creative. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Nancy!! Love the shaved ice on the waters edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful front cover 1st time visiting your blog
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete