Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Tree Skirt



One of my favorite projects I made this season was this tree skirt, very easy to make.
Canvas Corp sells plain burlap tree skirts just waiting for you to decorate them . I found this great ribbon at Home Goods that I thought would be perfect for it - it was actually a win win situation because I loved the wooden spool it was attached to - can't wait use it in another project.  Since I don't sew , I got out my trusty hot glue gun and tacked the ribbon in place every three inches - came out great - but I would certainly recommend sewing it on if you do sew . 
 
Still needs just a little bit more decorating since I haven't wrapped any presents yet. I think a saying will do - yes Merry Christmas. I went to my stencil collection and pulled out foam alphabet stamps - perfect !! Even though they should have been in with my stamps . I love working with Perfect Paints - they have a fabulous shimmer . I just used a sponge brush to apply the Perfect Paints Shimmering Matte Acrylic- color Shadow and pressed it onto the burlap - make sure you cover the surface underneath.  I than cut out a few snowflakes with my Sizzix Machine and Canvas Corp canvas sheets . 
So simple ---- 

 


Products used 










No comments:

Post a Comment